[Kdenlive-devel] Drag Value

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 02:03:02 UTC 2011

On 1/26/11, Simon Eugster wrote:
> Hi Till,
>
> First of all I like the DragValue widget very much. Let's drop the
> sliders as soon as possible to save some space.

I, on the contrary, happen to hate it :)

The new widget gives absolutely no clue neither how to change value,
nor what is min/max value and where exactly regarding min/max the
value currently is.

Krita team seems to have implemented a very cool widget for 2.3 that
combines a label and a slider, so you can:

- have a more compact UI, because you don't need to place a label and
a slider next to each other
- see where you are now re min/max values
- still have numeric input

Not knowing possible range of values is so frustrating that I grit my
teeth every time I use live path effects in Inkscape. Pretty please
let's not repeat this mistake in Kdenlive.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org