[Kdenlive-devel] Drag Value

Till Theato root at ttill.de
Wed Jan 26 18:08:57 UTC 2011

On 01/26/2011 04:08 PM, Gabriel Gazzán wrote:
> regarding not seeing the boundaries, this is really not a problem. and by
> far compensated by the gains in screen real estate!
>
> regarding not seeing the value changing while dragging. well, this IS a
> problem. I think it should be solved.

It was already working this way.
What Simon meant was that while dragging the video was not updated (only
after mouse release).
In r5354 I added a context menu with the actions "direct update" and
"nonlinear scale". Both settings will be applied to all drag value
widgets when changed.

> I don't know if it's already implemented, but it'd be good to have the
> possibility to apply 'modifiers' (SHIFT / CTRL) to be able to drag more
> slowly (precisely) / faster, when needed.

Also added in r5354.
CTRL: speed up, factor 2
SHIFT: slow down, factor 2 (1/2)

> Other thing than could be added is a right click menu with an option to set
> the lower and upper limits of the virtual slider. For each parameter,
> reasonable 'default' values should be set to make this system work as
> comfortable to the user as possible.

Not sure what exactly you mean here.

> Thanks for listening!!

Thanks for the good ideas Gabriel and Simon.

Btw, Simon there is no need to double click. The edit area is activated
on mouse release if the value was not changed by dragging (the mouse
position did not change, or only a little).