[Kdenlive-devel] Drag Value

Simon Eugster simon.eu at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 07:40:33 UTC 2011

2011/2/8 jb <jb at kdenlive.org>:
> Hi!
>
> I just commited my work, and it currently looks like this:
>
> http://www.kdenlive.org/images/new_slider2.jpeg

Really cool :) And comfortable to use.

Any idea why my slider is close to black? I assume it is related to
the Theme I'm using, but it does not change when I switch the theme.
http://granjow.net/uploads/kdenlive/kdenlive-effectstack-themecolors.png

Another detail I just noticed, there is a green Reload icon to reset
the effect. Could we put the yellow reset icon here? :)

> I think it is not too disturbing and integrates rather well with the KDE GUI.
> Show in timeline can now also be accessed through Ctrl + click on the label.
> The darker blue widget is the one shown in timeline and the lighter blue is
> when hovering a slider. I also managed to get all spinboxes (where you can
> enter the number) to have the same size.
>
> I agree that having a collapsible effects list showing parameters would be
> great, but it would require much more changes, so maybe later.
>
> I also agree as Gabriel stated that we should have a way to group values so
> that the SOP/Sat effect displayed in my image looks more like this
>
> Slope:
> R   G   B  A
> Offset:
> R  G  B  A
> Power:
> R  G  B  A
> Overall Saturation
>
> I will see if I can work on this later.

Would this really be a good idea? The sliders might become very narrow
(as seen here http://granjow.net/uploads/kdenlive/kdenlive-effect-stack.png).

> If you can try the latest svn, feedback is welcome.

Hm ... could we use the middle mouse button for resetting?
What about checkboxes suiting to the Drag Value design? :)

Simon