[Kdenlive-devel] Drag Value

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Thu Feb 3 00:40:23 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Dan Dennedy <dan at dennedy.org> wrote:
> 2011/2/2 Gabriel Gazzán <gabcorreo at gmail.com>:
>> Seeing your screen capture you can see what I'm saying with this very same
>> effect.
>>
>> Look how many lines we are using for the SOP/Sat effect (13 lines), with
>> Adobe type sliders we'd just need 4 lines if we wanted to.
>>
>>                                      R    G    B    A
>>      Slope                     100 100 100 100
>>      Offset                         0 591 276    0
>>      Power                    100 100 100 100
>>      Overall Saturation 100
>>
>> Here I've put the labels above the numbers (for which we should use another
>> line, of course), but I think we could do just well with a label that pops
>> up when hovering the mouse over each value, saying: R/G/B or Alpha.
>> I still see this as way more efficient than anything that I've seen until
>> now.
>
> I think you raise a valid point about problems with coupling the label
> with the field.  How about a number field that looks like an editable
> field, does not include the label, but also accepts drags and shows
> the proportion as a background color (only while dragging?).

The problem with my proposal above is that in a normal, editable
field, dragging selects text. Sigh. Now, I see why what is in SVN
today switches modes on a single-click. OK, how about we use what is
there today, but show background color as a proportional bar inside
thin frame when dragging and also add the context menu including
reset?

--
+-DRD-+