[Kdenlive-devel] pitch effects

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Wed Aug 31 21:38:46 UTC 2011

On Saturday 27 August 2011 01:14:50 Dan Dennedy wrote:

> > And the effect is noticeable. However, I did notice that some LADSPA
> > audio effects like "15 Band Equalizer" do not work regardless of
> > locale because it does not set a correct LADSPA id in the MLT XML.
> > This one has a effect XML for it. The problem is in the effects XML
> > for LADSPA. There are problems they also cause with the way parameters
> > are set. The solution is to just get rid of them, but I need to see
> > what the potential impact is on old project files. However, most of
> > the old project files could not have worked anyways because the
> > parameters are set incorrectly.
>
> I see there is code to convert the old projects to the new format. And
> I think the parameters did work because I remember testing them all a
> while ago. Ah, now I see. The parameter names from the effects xml
> were ignored when generating the jackrack xml, but now they are used
> to create the mlt xml. So, yeah, just removing the ladspa effects xml
> seems best.

Well, everything worked fine in my tests, so I did not understand the problems
you had... that is until I realized that the LADSPA XML were not installed on
my PC.

In fact, I changed the CMakeLists.txt 3 months ago so that the LADSPA XML are
not installed anymore. The XML files are still in the effects directory but not
installed, so I guess I should completely remove them.

So if you have problems, that is probably because you have old XML files still
installed. You can delete them in: $PREFIX/share/apps/kdenlive/effects/ladspa*

Should we maybe delete all effects XML when installing Kdenlive (the ones in
$PREFIX/share/apps/kdenlive/effects)?

regards
jb