[Kdenlive-devel] REVERSE MOTION

Elbground Multimedia elbground at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 31 10:49:24 UTC 2011

Hi there,

I've been using kdenlive for 3 years now, and the application has made
great progress. Still, I keep hoping in vain for the reverse motion
feature to be implemented. Although a layman with regard to the
in-depth functioning of multimedia software my common sense tells me
that this feature, detached from any additional speed effect, i.e. 1:1
with regard to speed, should be easy to develop, especially if it
initially only would apply to the image and not to sound. All it would
have to do would be to reverse the order of the frames in a defined
clip or piece thereof. I can do this manually in the timeline, but
hell, what are computers for?
As no color or brightness or other lighting-relevant parameters are
affected, I would even be perfectly happy having to render such a clip
before further use.
So basically the command order would have to be:

Chop up the clip into single frames
Reverse the order of the frames
Glue them all together again to yield a new clip

I'm not the only one waiting for this, and I believe its much more
important than a lot of the new "fancy" and advanced stuff that is
being added currently.

Kind regards, elbground