[Kdenlive-devel] Getting ready ofr the 0.8.2 release

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Mon Aug 29 01:51:21 UTC 2011

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Till Theato <root at ttill.de> wrote:

> On 08/28/2011 11:57 PM, Dan Dennedy wrote:
>> On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 1:47 PM, Till Theato <root at ttill.de>
>> wrote:

>>> We almost made it :D

>>> Hi, thanks for the tip! Done in r5845.
>>
>> Big mistake. You misunderstood. MLT does not automatically invoke
>> the consumer producer in the presence of s=. It is kdenlive that
>> does it and must continue to do it. Also, it is ok to use
>> mlt_profile as long as you only offer it when the fps matches the
>> project settings. My commit yesterday r5839 fixes that. Please
>> revert this commit because it is a regression.
>
> I couldn't find any difference in the rendered files...

You need to understand the purpose of the consumer producer in order
to make a negative test case and test it. I created a project using
color clips attached here for you. See how it looks in preview
monitor. Then, render to HDV 720. Next, render to DV AVI 16:9 (being
optimistic that user knows they want 16:9 output for a 16:9 project).
See how they look. Now revert the commit with 'svn merge -c -5845 .'
and retry the tests.

Technically, it is OK to have mlt_profile in the render profiles as I
had left it but only because of the "standard" attribute and how it is
being used more strictly now. However, to discourage others from using
it in custom profiles, we can retain the changes you made to replace
its usage with s= and aspect=. It is the code that removes the
consumer producer that is the real regression.

--
+-DRD-+