[Kdenlive-devel] pitch effects

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Sat Aug 27 08:10:05 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 3:16 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine
<alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 7:46 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
>
>>> What locale are you using?
>>
>> Russian. We have ',' as denominator, not a dot.
>
> I distinctly remember a recent related fix for that, but testing most
> recent kdenlive and mlt reveals that all ladspa effects are still
> unusable in Russial locale. Is my memory playing tricks on me? :)

I just tested with LC_NUMERIC=de_DE.utf8, and it does work:
<mlt ... LC_NUMERIC="de_DE.utf8">
   <filter id="ladspa.3309">
    <property name="0">0,578</property>
</mlt>

And the effect is noticeable. However, I did notice that some LADSPA
audio effects like "15 Band Equalizer" do not work regardless of
locale because it does not set a correct LADSPA id in the MLT XML.
This one has a effect XML for it. The problem is in the effects XML
for LADSPA. There are problems they also cause with the way parameters
are set. The solution is to just get rid of them, but I need to see
what the potential impact is on old project files. However, most of
the old project files could not have worked anyways because the
parameters are set incorrectly.

--
+-DRD-+