[Kdenlive-devel] [Mlt-devel] video stabilization

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Thu Aug 11 20:54:57 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 10:33 AM, Marco Gittler <marco at gitma.de> wrote:
> Hi
>
> i made an mlt plugin, that uses the stabilization from http://vstab.sourceforge.net/.
> First tests are working very good.

What a nice contribution!

> There a lots of speed up to be done (cache calculated values in a file, for later usage).

I have not looked at this yet, but can you simply put the calculated
values in a string property (colon-delimited list of numbers or json
ala rotoscoping). Then, when serializing a mlt composition to xml, it
will be saved. Next, when loading a mlt xml, the plugin can use the
values from the property instead of calculating them?

--
+-DRD-+