[Kdenlive-devel] 0.8 release comming soon

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Tue Apr 26 20:00:41 UTC 2011

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 2:25 PM, jb <jb at kdenlive.org> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I will finally have some time to prepare the 0.8 release.
>
> If nobody has major showstoppers, I would like to make the release on next
> tuesday, the 26th of april.

I will make a Mlt v0.7.2 release soon, but I need to chase down more
possible changes needed for the FFmpeg major version upgrade and to
make sure it works ok with libav. However, I do think it is OK to
release Kdenlive v0.8 before that next version.

> After that release, I will make important changes to the video4linux and
> decklink capture to make use of MLT instead of the current hacks, wich should
> hopefully bring more reliable capture for these 2 sources.

FYI there are still limitations in Mlt to do  preview while capturing.
Also, V4L+ALSA might give less synchronization than what even ffmpeg
provides (which might not be so hot either). Furthermore, in recent
testing, I found Kdenlive's existing Firewire capture to be even more
problematic in the area of preview. It seems ffplay no longer
tolerates stream discontinuity as much as it used to. Anytime you
pause/ff/rewind you introduce this discontinuity. Firewire is an area
I plan to address this summer.

--
+-DRD-+