[Kdenlive-devel] Vu Meter

Simon Eugster simon.eu at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 21:17:02 UTC 2010

2010/9/27 Marco Gittler <marco at gitma.de>:
> Hi
>
> i started an VU meter display.It seem do work initial, but the method to compute the value fomr teh audio samples seems to be more then a simple arithmetic value.
> If someone has a better, this would be nice.
>
> regards marco

Sounds cool.
I would like to test, but atm kdenlive always crashes on startup
(after updating kdenlive to svn), or if not on startup, then when
trying to play any clip.

I'm taking this lecture:
http://www.vvz.ethz.ch/Vorlesungsverzeichnis/lerneinheitPre.do?lerneinheitId=67120&semkez=2010W&lang=en
where we should implement something about multimedia. I thought about
adding some sound scopes, like the UV meter :P, but now you were
faster. On the other hand, kind of a spectogram would be pretty cool.
Perhaps I'm gonna try that.

Sorry I cannot comment on your UV yet, but I really cannot run
anything atm :( (and I wanted to show kdenlive in a lecture on
wednesday)

Simon