[Kdenlive-devel] Color scopes issues

Simon Eugster simon.eu at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 16:03:28 UTC 2010

2010/9/12 Alberto Villa <avilla at freebsd.org>:
> i just found a bug in color scopes which, unfortunately, i have no
> time to investigate into
>
> when you load a project with missing clips and replace them with
> placeholders, if, and only if:
> - color scopes widgets are there (and visible, probably?);
> - the saved timeline position is on one of the placeholders;
> you get a crash. if you disable color scopes, or you reset manually
> (i.e. `vim file.kdenlive`) the documentproperties position attribute
> to something not overlapping a missing clip, no crash, even if you
> then move onto a placeholder with color scopes. it must be at startup
> gdb showed that mlt is trying to analyze the frame, so it's probably
> something in the color scopes initialisation
>
> i couldn't check deeper, i'm sorry

Cannot reproduce. I opened the project file from here
http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=1769 and positioned the
timeline cursor accordingly. Saved, made all scopes visible (kdenlive
looks kind of messy now :P), and restarted kdenlive. Opened the file,
no crash.

Could you perhaps try to reproduce this crash in qtcreator next time?
Was usually very helpful here (much more than gdb).

Simon