[Kdenlive-devel] Issue 1501

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Tue Nov 23 03:43:32 UTC 2010

2010/11/22 P. Fleury <fleury at users.sourceforge.net>:
> (How can I comment on an issue I have not submitted myself ?)

sorry, I dunno, other than login. Maybe it is restricted once marked 'resolved.'

> I got caught by the same problem as the one reported in issue 1501, feeling
> the transitions are backwards.
> If you add video in these steps, you will see the problem:
>
> - Prepare 2 video tracks, video1 (on top on the timeline display) and video2
> (on the second row)
> - Add a video that goes from seconds 0 to 15 on track 'video 1'
> - Add a video that goes from seconds 10 to 25 on track 'video 2'
> - Add a dissolve transition between these two videos spanning seconds 10 to
> 15.
>
> Now if you step through the transition, you will see that the first frame of
> the transition will go with video 2, then video 1 fades in, then at the end
> there is again a sharp transition to video 2.

Still unable to reproduce. I used color clips in a VGA Widescreen NTSC
project. I tried adding the transition with the triangular hover
widget as well as right-clicking the clip on Video 1 and choosing from
the context menu. I tried with 3 video tracks and 2 audio tracks, 2
video tracks and 2 audio tracks, and just 2 video tracks.

> What puzzled me was that the transition is set to 'auto' when selecting the
> track, so I expected it to transition from the one start is running to the
> one that is going past the end of the first one. But actually it simply goes
> from track 2 to 1.

I do not believe With track 'auto' has much to do with this; the
Reverse option does.

--
+-DRD-+