[Kdenlive-devel] How to add a new icon

Hugh Tebby hugh.tebby at gmail.com
Sat May 29 14:14:08 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I am working on adding the option to have automatic audio/video split when
adding a clip to the timeline. Everything works fine, except that I want to
add a button to toggle it on or off, right next to the button for. My
problem is that I can't figure out how to add a new icon that will be
installed with Kdenlive. I thought thaht simply adding the file to the icons
folder would be enough, but apparently not.

By copying the icon manually to the /usr/share/kde4/apps/kdenlive/icons
folder it displays correctly. So how should a new icon be added
automatically when doing a "sudo make install" ?

Thanks for your help !

Cheers,
Hugh