[Kdenlive-devel] PATCH for kdenlive Mantis issue #1033

John T. Mertz thatonefilmguy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 11:04:15 UTC 2010

Hi jb,

Please note I am working on a pretty massive patch which is a much more
thorough fix for issue #1033, in addition to #1511 and #1512.  The patches
currently attached to issue #1033 should be ignored for now.  The new patch
I am writing replaces the existing patches and should be applied in place
of, not on top of, the ones I already uploaded.

http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=1511
http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=1512

It will change timecode display to drop frame throughout the application
when a DF project is in use, and fixes a number of other various issues I
found while going through the code.  I will post a change list when the
patch is available.  It is almost done but has taken some time due to the
massive amount of changes that were necessary to implement DF timecode
throughout.  I've done a fair amount of testing to ensure everything works
OK, but needless to say it will definitely need more eyes on it due to the
size and scope of the patch.

Also, in writing this patch I had to change the DF timecode mask to
"99:99.99:99" (display standard typically seen on video cameras and decks)
instead of the more standard "99:99:99;99" (display standard typically seen
in NLEs) because I found that Qt's inputMask does not support semicolons as
separators.  Hopefully this will be resolved in some future version of Qt.

-JTM