[Kdenlive-devel] problems with latest svn/git

Mikko Rapeli mikko.rapeli at iki.fi
Sun Jun 20 16:14:28 UTC 2010

I'm trying to use latest svn/git on Debian unstable and I've noticed a few
problems. I'm not able to pinpoint when exactly this happens, but here's
some feed back anyway:

 * fine tuning clips on timeline and playing moved following clips tens of
   seconds forward on one video track, corrupting the timeline if project is
   saved -- workaround is to restart kdenlive with backup project file

 * playing/previewing project from the start possibly only once,
   after second try Project Monitor is stuck, no more previews -- workaround
   is to not play from the beginning but move a few frames forward before
   playback

 * some clips continue to play on preview after end points, not always possible
   to move or delete clips from timeline without restarting kdenlive, and
   then some timeline corruption has often occurred

 * File rendering profiles for h264 have bad audio quality even if video
   quality is high, lots of audible compression artifacts

 * h264 two pass rendering often stalls at 99%, output file is trash

Maybe I should stick to the released version but there I think I had some
other problems.

-Mikko