[Kdenlive-devel] Color correction tools: How and where to implement them?

el jefe delito eljefedelito at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 14:15:05 UTC 2010

On Friday, July 30, 2010 05:34:32 Till Theato wrote:
> in svn r4662 I now added a color picker ("eyedropper").

While I've not seen this yet and I may be late to the discussion, I generally find that eyedroppers pick too precise of a single colour, when a better goal would be to get the average colour of a region where the eyedropper was used.  A white wall or a blue sky is rarely made up of all of the same shade; more often these areas consist of many, many different colours that appear to the eye to be a single shade.  Usually, only digitally-created images have a solid colour; it would be better to have an eyedropper that selects a small (or large) region rather than a single pixel.

Or maybe this is what you've implemented; if so, thanks and accept my apologies for missing that.  All said, I am not doing any work on this, just following the discussion, so I do appreciate all of the work that I see going on and I thank you for the tools that you have all created.  KDEnlive just keeps getting better!

€l ]€f€