[Kdenlive-devel] Color correction tools: How and where to implement them?

Simon Eugster simon.eu at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 14:50:10 UTC 2010

2010/7/22 jb <jb at kdenlive.org>:
> On Wednesday 21 July 2010 15.49:47 Simon Eugster wrote:
>
>> What does not work yet is updating the scopes when e.g. adjusting
>> effect parameters. For example color temperature. There are very
>> interesting effects on the vectorscope when changing the temperature
>> btw :)
>> If someone could give me a hint which signal to use, I've been
>> searching for this event for half an hour or so but couldn't find one
>> yet.
>
> After thinking a bit about it, I just added a new signal to renderer.cpp,
> called:
>
> void frameUpdated(int)
>
> That signal is emitted every time the frame is updated without a seek event.
> Currently, the frame is updated not only when an effect is added, but also
> every time the monitor needs a refresh (for example when another window moves
> above it), so you will get a few extra calls, but that's also an occasion to
> track unneeded refreshes :)

Thank you! Works now.

Something else:
When activating realtime and auto-refresh in one of the scopes, the
speed when playing clips changes. I'm not sure, but perhaps this is
because of:
> m_activeRender->extractFrame(m_activeRender->seekFramePosition())
which I use for retrieving the current frame (perhaps there's a better
way?). Any idea? (I'd disable realtime for the release otherwise.)

Simon