[Kdenlive-devel] Czech manual

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Mon Jul 19 05:08:31 UTC 2010

написане Mon, 19 Jul 2010 05:13:44 +0300, Dan Dennedy <dan at dennedy.org>:

> On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Till Theato <root at ttill.de> wrote:
>>
>> On 07/18/2010 07:19 PM, Jan Drábek wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I have just finished putting my Kdenlive manual (in czech) into
>>> wikibooks (I
>>> mentioned that I wrote it as my secondary school leaving project in
>>> forum).
>>> So now czech manual is complete, visible and searchable from google
>>> and I am
>>> going to update it regulary.
>>> Feel to browse it on address http://cs.wikibooks.org/wiki/Kdenlive
>>>
>>> I am wondering if it would be possible to add a visible link to
>>> kdenlive.orgdocumentation page mentioning this complete manual for
>>> czech users.l (I did
>>> this on czech community pages)
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Jan Drábek
>>
>> Hi,
>> I don't understand the language but it seems to feature quite a lot.
>>
>> There recently have been discussions about moving the documentation back
>> to a wiki, so maybe we could you use wikibooks for all languages.
>> I will post this thread in our forum, so hopefully we will be able to
>> set up a better documentation in a few more languages (or at least in
>> English, too).
>>
>> @jb: Where would you like the documentation to be placed? Our current
>> Drupal system doesn't seem to be the best solution.
>>
>> regards till
>
> Keep in mind that some people expect and use installed help as well.
> Most wiki-based documentation systems do not make it convenient to
> output XML to support that. For Kino, I enhanced a wiki that uses
> docbook XML as a backend and could perfectly export to installed help.
> It also supported multiple languages, but the big downside is that it
> only supports ISO-8859-1 and not UTF-8! It might be worthwhile for
> someone leading documentation to look into these this aspect of it. If
> the options are still not good, then some documentation regardless of
> installable or not is better than none.

Hi!

In fact, we have similar problems with KDE UserBase. Burkhard Lück created
the script [1] that can easily convert wiki export data to KDE docbook.
You can see the exported Parley manual on docs.kde.org [2] (glitches are
due to docs.kde.org problems, not the problems in docbook itself, locally
it looks good).

I have just tried it on wikibooks pages (English and Czech in UTF-8) and
it seems that the script works fine. Thus wiki -> KDE DocBook conversion
can be done with the minimal efforts.

Best regards,
Yuri

[1]