[Kdenlive-devel] Quick Question

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Sat Jan 16 12:28:36 UTC 2010

On Friday 15 January 2010 17:19:57 Evert Vorster wrote:
> I see we have video effects called "fade from black" and "fade to black"
> How do I fade to other colours, like white and translucent? Fading to
> translucent looks great while doing title clips, as the title just fades
> gradually....

The fade to/from black effect is in fact the brightness effect that is moving
from normal to 0, so that the clip becomes black.

If you want a real fade, you must add a "dissolve" transition to your clip,
and it will fade with the track below (just click in a bottom corner of a clip
to add a dissolve transition to start or end.

regards
jb