[Kdenlive-devel] Next release and future developments

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Wed Jan 13 22:04:57 UTC 2010

Hi everyone.

I think we need a release soon, I would say beginning of February is a good
target.

I will now concentrate on fixing the important issues in the bugtracker, see
that page for the bugs that are scheduled for the 0.7.7 release.

If you are interested in helping, please take some time to look at the bug
reports and set their target versions to 0.7.7 if you think it is vital, or
send a mail on that list so that I can add them to the list.

The proposed timeline is the following:

27th of january: string freeze
5th of february: release 0.7.7

Regarding future developments, I think the next version will be 0.8, and one
feature I would like to add is title animation (ability to animate each object
in a title using Qt 4.6 animation framework - I already successfully tested
basic animation).

Introducing a curve widget for effects that support it (like color correction)
would also be great - maybe we can reuse krita's curve widget
(krita/ui/widgets/kis_curve_widget.cpp)...

Thanks to everyone who contributes, any comments and suggestions are welcome
as always.

regards
jb