[Kdenlive-devel] Is there a need for an update to Kdenlive Builder Wizard?

Stéphane Téletchéa steletch at free.fr
Thu Jan 7 08:12:50 UTC 2010

----- "Mads Bondo Dydensborg" <mads at dydensborg.dk> a écrit :

| Hi there
|
| It appears I will soon have a bit more freetime on my hands. Which
| implies I
| may actually be able to contribute a bit to Kdenlive, instead of just
| lurking
| on the list.
|
| As you may recall, I (sort of) contributed to Kdenlive by doing the
| Kdenlive
| Builder Wizard (which, btw, is getting near to 5000 downloads).
|
| However KBW does not really work with recent versions of ffmpeg. It
| needs an
| update to keep working. But, I really do not want to support Kommander
| for
| KDE3 anymore, nor port it to Kommander for KDE4 (I've had way to many
| quirks
| with Kommander to want to do that).
|
| Rewriting it would be an option. Would take quite a bit of time
| though.

For one (not being a kdenlive developper but a user), i'd strongly appreciate this. I'm packaging kdenlive for mandriva and due to the complex interference (ffmpeg being in development, mlt also) between softwares, being able to build the latest and greatest, or any sub-division of it allows to compare if a crash comes from kdenlive, or any specific compilation option we use.

Thanks for the good work.

Stef