[Kdenlive-devel] Building current svn

Alberto Villa avilla at FreeBSD.org
Thu Feb 4 07:50:22 UTC 2010

On 2/4/10, repli2dev <repli2dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

hI!

> I would like to build current svn of MLT, FFMPEG and Kdenlive in order to
> translate strings in context not just blindly.

i don't see why you should build ffmpeg and mlt to translate kdenlive ;)

> However I am not able to run Kdenlive wizard because it is depending on KDE3
> Kommander and there are no KDE3 Kommander for Archlinux (original repos nor
> AUR). So I am looking for better solution than doing ./configure && make &&
> make install for whole day :(

there isn't any, i'm afraid. but it's not that difficult
i've attached a makefile i use to get in sync with the sources of both
mlt and kdenlive (i can't use the wizard since i'm on freebsd), but
not ffmpeg. it should be enough for you, though
i've modified it to work on linux, then it *should* work (i'm not
responsible for any damage blah blah... there shouldn't be any)

usage:
checkout fresh copies of mlt and kdenlive sources with git and svn
(refer to the website to see how)
download the makefile in (e.g.) /tmp, then cd /tmp and
make install MLT_WRKDIR=(mlt source directory)
KDENLIVE_WRKDIR=(kdenlive source directory) [you may want to add
MAKE_JOBS=1 if you're not using a dual core processor)
it will install mlt and kdenlive in /var/tmp/kdenlive, without messing
with your base system; add DESTDIR=(a directory) to the command line
to change it
then, use the start.sh script (attached) to start kdenlive (change
INSTALL_DIR accordingly to DESTDIR): just ./start.sh
i suggest that you have a look to the makefile to see what it does
before you run it, but, of course, the command i wrote above should be
enough for a translation job

> Thanks for replies.

welcome!
http://wiki.FreeBSD.org/AlbertoVilla