[Kdenlive-devel] Head crashes

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Sat Aug 28 20:18:17 UTC 2010

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Dan Dennedy <dan at dennedy.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 1:43 AM, Alberto Villa <avilla at freebsd.org> wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 7:12 AM, Matthew D. Fuller
>> <fullermd at over-yonder.net> > That's...  interesting.  I guess it's
>> picking up the /usr/local/kde4
>>> from something kde-related in the config process?  I've set
>>> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH="/tmp/kdenlive" and
>>> /tmp/kdenlive/share/apps/kdenlive/kdenliveui.rc is right there
>>> waiting.  If I copy that over to the first location checked there,
>>> under my ~/.kde4...  hey!  Up comes the window!  So, it's purely
>>> failing to look where it should for that rc file.
>>
>> try exporting KDEDIRS=/tmp/kdenlive when you run kdenlive
>
> Setting this to my install prefix makes it pick up more recent changes
> to the config files.

Ugh, setting that var, it picks up the changes to the
export/profiles.xml, but now it uses the system-installed effects XML
files. If I unset that var, then it is just the opposite and uses the
old system-installed export/profiles.xml with the more recent effects
XML files. I see in the code effects are using
KStandardDirs::locateLocal() and profiles.xml is using
KStandardDirs::locate().
Also, while nearly everything uses "appdata" there is one thing using
"config" which seems odd: KStandardDirs::locate("config",
"kdenliveeffectscategory.rc"). I do not know the best practices here,
but it does not seem they are employed thereby hindering local
installs and development.

--
+-DRD-+