[Kdenlive-devel] Head crashes

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Sat Aug 28 06:12:02 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 10:12 PM, Matthew D. Fuller
<fullermd at over-yonder.net> wrote:
>> Well, I uninstalled it, and went as far as to blow away my ~/.kde*.
>> Still fails in another way:
>
> Hm.  OK, the interesting thing is just before that:
>
> kdenlive(10031) KXMLGUIClient::setXMLFile: cannot find .rc file
> "kdenliveui.rc" for component "kdenlive"
>
> ktrace'ing it to see where it's looking:
>
>  10084 initial thread NAMI "/home/fullermd/.kde4/share/apps/kdenliveui.rc"
>  10084 initial thread NAMI "/usr/local/kde4/share/apps/kdenliveui.rc"
>  10084 initial thread NAMI "/home/fullermd/.kde4/share/apps/kdenlive/kdenliveui.rc"
>  10084 initial thread NAMI "/usr/local/kde4/share/apps/kdenlive/kdenliveui.rc"
>

> That's...  interesting.  I guess it's picking up the /usr/local/kde4
> from something kde-related in the config process?  I've set
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH="/tmp/kdenlive" and
> /tmp/kdenlive/share/apps/kdenlive/kdenliveui.rc is right there
> waiting.  If I copy that over to the first location checked there,
> under my ~/.kde4...  hey!  Up comes the window!  So, it's purely
> failing to look where it should for that rc file.

I do not do much KDE development (MLT dev), and when I ran into this
problem I started looking into the KDE functions for the standard and
config directory lookups that kdenlive is using. I could not quite
connect all the dots immediately (it seems to want you to "trust the
man" where kde=man), and I did not want to be distracted from some
other more important task that I was really working on, so I quit
looking. I was left with the impression that it was under KDE's
control, but that there might be a CMAKE variable that affects it
other than INSTALL_PREFIX. I tried setting KDE4_DATA_DIR and failed
miserably. :-)

> (sadly, this doesn't solve the problem that sent me to trying git in
> the first place: it still crashes adding a clip   :(  )

Try playing the clip with 'melt' on the command line.

--
+-DRD-+