[Kdenlive-devel] Head crashes

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Wed Aug 25 23:28:00 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 2:57 PM, Matthew D. Fuller
<fullermd at over-yonder.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 11:05:15PM +0200 I heard the voice of
> Alberto Villa, and lo! it spake thus:
>>
>> he uses freebsd, where packages are installed by default in
>> /usr/local. i'm part of the team which port qt and kde to freebsd,
>> and i can guarantee that we have no issues (not the kind you're
>> asking for) with our installation
>
> I believe Opera uses Qt, and runs fine.  The package-installed
> kdenlive 0.7.7.1 has no problem pulling up the main window either; it
> blows up in an unrelated way.

I believe I have seen a similar issue when running in OS X when I try
to run the locally built .app and not the installed version, which is
older. I think it was failed to load some resource or something. It
was a problem in the MainWindow ctor. I think a recent one was on
line:
   clipInTimeline->setIcon(KIcon("go-jump"));
I ended up doing a SVN snapshot using a local Portfile and that resolved it.

Matthew, are you running it from its built location and not installing
or installing to an explicit prefix?

I just cross-referenced his backtrace, and I see it fails on the same
line as what I reported.

I noticed on my Linux box, when I set CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$HOME/opt
it does not pickup changes to kdenlivetranscodingrc and I think some
of the effects xml files and possibly other things.

--
+-DRD-+