[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive user manual

Simon Eugster simon.eu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 07:22:58 UTC 2010

To sum up the facts about the user manual. The possibilities we've
looked at so far are:

= KDE userbase. =
Lacks subpages at the moment, seems to provide few features only, but
could be used for producing the installed help.
However we don't have an installed help anyway at the moment, just a
link to the drupal page.

= Drupal on kdenlive.org =
Easy to translate, forces identical structure for all languages.
Existing but outdated. English only, as far as I've seen.
Overview over chapters perhaps not ideal.

= wikibooks.org =
Outdated English manual already present. New Czech manual available.
de, fr, pt outdated as well. Italian seems more up-to-date.
Would perhaps provide a broader user base (since Single Sign-On was
introduced for wikimedia projects, and the wikimedia projects are
bigger than the kde userbase, so users might rather register here than
on userbase).

As the 0.7.8 release is near, I'd like us to decide what we're going
to use, so we could do that together with the release, making the User
manual more public and hopefully gaining some editors. Because we
cannot do it all alone ;)

Simon