[Kdenlive-devel] Image sequence option in Add Clip file dialog

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Sun Aug 22 13:56:13 UTC 2010

Le 22/08/2010 14:46, jb a écrit :

> Another thing
> that might help is to check how many images are in the sequence, and if there
> are less than 10 images, consider that it is not a sequence, and load a single
> image...
>
> Or does anybody use less than 10 frames sequences?
>
> regards
> jb

Here is a suggestion out of the blue: when in doubt, ask.

Here, if I understand correctly, the user wants to load several still
image files, and kdenlive has to decide if the user wants to load a
bunch of pictures (one per clip) or a bunch of frames (all in one clip),
right? If so, and then kdenlive should pop a dialogue asking user how to
understand the bunch, possibly preselecting one choice based on file
names and number of files, but allowing the user to override that
preselected choixe.

BTW: my wife's almost only complaint about kdenlive (1) is not having a
'one-click' or 'one-dialogue' way to make a slideshow from a bunch of
stills with random transitions. Does it exist and I missed it?

(1) I mean the only one that updating to the latest version /or/
tweaking the kdenlive project file won't fix. :)

Amicalement,
--
Albert.