[Kdenlive-devel] keyframable vs not keyframable

John T. Mertz thatonefilmguy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 13:16:48 UTC 2010

I don't have kdenlive loaded up atm but in most editing apps keyframes
always start as 'optional'. (Except for transitions, of course)

I.e. If you change settings for an effect's property, it changes that
value for the duration of the clip the effect is applied to. Only
after the user adds two or more leyframes does the effect actually
become animated. If only one keyframe is added then the settings for
that keyframe are used for the entire clip.

I'm not sure if this workflow is possible with kdenlive but this is
what would be ideal.

-JTM

On 8/18/10, amir <amir_in at netvision.net.il> wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 August 2010 14:49:08 Simon A. Eugster wrote:
>> Dear friends,
>>
>> I wanted to start a new project and use the SOP/Sat filter (frei0r from
>> git). Problem is: In this case I don't want it to be keyframable (although
>>
>> generally it is desirable) because if I want to apply a SOP/Sat effect for
>>
>> a whole clip I have to enter all values twice, once for the start frame
>> and
>> once for the end frame.
>>
>> Anyone a good idea how to handle this?
>>
>> Only one I've got at the moment is a «lock» button that applies all
>> changes
>> to both nodes.
>
> when I have more then 2 keyframes, I usually start the next new keyframe
> with
> the setting of the previous one and make the changes on top of that. may be
> able to copy from the first keyframe to the last one when you have just 2
> keyframes as you stated, and  have a solution for multiple keyframe as well.
>
> maybe even implement it in all other keyframeble filters.
>
> thanks,
> Amir
>

>> Simon

Sent from my mobile device