[Kdenlive-devel] Fwd: Re: Packaging mlt git snapshot and kdenlive trunk for squeeze

Patrick Matthäi pmatthaei at debian.org
Tue Aug 17 17:58:58 UTC 2010

Am 17.08.2010 19:53, schrieb Dan Dennedy:
> Top posting since the below is rather protracted. If you can not get
> the more recent version, then you might consider pulling back to
> 0.7.7.1 since your snapshot could likely be poor timing.

The freeze was this year for most DDs a bad timing :(
As discussed with the release managers, getting in mlt git head isn't a
big problem atm, it fixes a bunch of bugs and the diff is not so big.

This kdenlive version has got a quite long release time for 0.7.8..
It would help me very much, if kdenlive could get released (feature
freeze) so that I might upload 0.7.8 for Squeeze.

> We should all discuss the state of our additions to attempt a new
> release. I feel my contribution was fairly light and stable with the
> potential exception of the panning filter in mlt.

btw:
Debian Squeeze comes with some more enabled encoders per default,
namely: h263, h263p, mpeg2video, mpeg4, msmpeg4v1, msmpeg4v2, msmpeg4v3

This makes mlt, kdenlive, openshoot etc more useable on a pure Debian
system.

--
/*
Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards,

E-Mail: pmatthaei at debian.org
         patrick at linux-dev.org

Comment:
Always if we think we are right,