[Kdenlive-devel] Clip invalid or missing

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Sun Apr 11 19:39:19 UTC 2010

On Sunday 11 April 2010 21:27:06 Till Theato wrote:
> Hi,
> at the moment I'm working on a project with a lot of clips.
> After I updated to svn rev. 4381 I can't load the project anymore
> because kdenlive tells for every single clip that it is invalid or
> missing. Even after a downgrade to 4379 (which I was using before
> without problems) the issue still exists. In the project file there are
> no invalid notes.
> I didn't change anything to the source files of the clips.
> Any ideas how I can get rid of this problem? Is there something like a
> KDirWatch database?

I am going to commit the second part of my work on the missing clips soon, but
I don't think that revision 4381 it is related to your problem.

The only thing I can think of is if there is a "placeholder" attribute in your
project file clips, that might cause the problem. Removing it might then solve
your problem.

Otherwise, please make sure that it is not an FFmpeg / MLT issue and try
playing one of the clip with melt.

Please let me know if the issue is related to a wrong "placeholder" attribute
in the project file.

regards
jb