[Kdenlive-devel] Feature Request...

Evert Vorster evorster at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 19:44:58 UTC 2010

Hi...

I have attached a quick mock-up of what a simple operation in Kdenlive's
editor would look like.

I have shaded the areas I have shortened.... One could conceivably add two
keyframes next to each other and drag them apart for freeze frame.... I
don't know how to do a backwards video here.... drag a keyframe past it's
neighbour?

Maybe shading the shortened or lengthened area would give an indication of
how much speed has been applied.

In any case, it uses less screen space and is more intuitive than bezier
curves... Most people see time as a line, and want to stretch and fast
forward that line?

It was just an idea in any case... But my videos end up looking like that
anyways, as speeding up "shortens" a clip, and so on....

-Evert Vorster-