[Kdenlive-devel] Feature Request...

Evert Vorster evorster at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 19:10:15 UTC 2010

Hi there.

I really love the "speed" video effect. However, I would really love to see
this effect keyframable.

Basically what happens is that I will have a rather long clip to edit... so
I "fast forward" through the boring bits...

So now I cut my clip into smaller sections, some of which run faster than
normal, some slower and some at the normal speed.

This is a little tedious, and tricky to get exacltly right....

So, what I am imagining is something that looks like the keyframable volume
effect on a clip, but instead of dragging the keyframes up and down as for
the volume, rather drag them sideways to speed up/ slow down the clips next
to it.

The actual effect on that part of the video file should then be easy to
calculate by taking (actual length of section)/(apparent length of
section)=speed-up rate....

Does this sound do-able?

Where is the really proper place to report a wish to the kdenlive project?

Kind regards,
-Evert Vorster-

--
http://magnatune.com - Music shared the way it should be.