[Kdenlive-devel] speed effect

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Sun Sep 27 10:43:11 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 23 September 2009 09.02:42 Mikko Rapeli wrote:
> On svn3925, fade to black preview broke on a clip with also speed and old film
> effects active. Also unchecking the speed effect changed the clip
> out position on time line without the possibility to undo that change.

I think these issues should be fixed in latest svn.

> Also, I wish there was some way to verify the timeline changes before
> saving the project file. So many times there were changes from bugs
> which put off some transitions or changed clips position and I didn't
> notice them until some time later when reviewing the whole video.
> Of course I should preview the whole thing before saving, but that gets
> difficult with longer videos and possible crashes, though crash recovery
> seems to work really well. Perhaps the project file should be put in
> a git repo, so changes could be manually rolled back. Version numbers
> in project file names put me in a mess previously so that's not enough.

I agree that timeline corruption is really a problem. I am trying to solve all issues, but at some point,
it would maybe be worth having a feature to check that the timeline and MLT playlist
are correctly synchronized.. it will not be in the next release to come soon, but maybe the next one.

regards
jb