[Kdenlive-devel] speed effect

Mikko Rapeli mikko.rapeli at iki.fi
Wed Sep 23 07:02:42 UTC 2009

On svn3925, fade to black preview broke on a clip with also speed and old film
effects active. Also unchecking the speed effect changed the clip
out position on time line without the possibility to undo that change.

I think that the time line should be more protected from unintentional
changes but I don't know how this could be done. For example the clip
in and out points on the time line should newer change, though it's ok
for some broken effect to screw up the content of a clip on time line.
It's ok if an effect like speed messes the contents, but it's not ok
for me if one clip with a broken effect starts affecting other clips on
timeline.

Also, I wish there was some way to verify the timeline changes before
saving the project file. So many times there were changes from bugs
which put off some transitions or changed clips position and I didn't
notice them until some time later when reviewing the whole video.
Of course I should preview the whole thing before saving, but that gets
difficult with longer videos and possible crashes, though crash recovery
seems to work really well. Perhaps the project file should be put in
a git repo, so changes could be manually rolled back. Version numbers
in project file names put me in a mess previously so that's not enough.

-Mikko