[Kdenlive-devel] kdenlive performance

Ryan Peters sloshy45 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 13 23:00:00 UTC 2009

There has been lots of talk about new features for future releases of
kdenlive, but I was wondering if in the near future there could be a
release dedicated to making sure that kdenlive as a whole has less bugs,
works faster and more efficiently, etc. I've been wanting to create
videos using linux for a while now, and with each update, even though
there's more and more features, I'm noticing that kdenlive is getting
increasingly unstable and buggy. This is why I'm proposing this, because
before too long we'll have another "Cinelerra", a full-featured video
editor that crashes so often and has so many weird bugs that it's
unusable to the average user (such as myself). If there is already a
release such as this one planned, sorry for being redundant.

    - Ryan Peters, kdenlive user