[Kdenlive-devel] [Kdenlive] further help

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Sat Sep 12 21:31:39 UTC 2009

my reply was identified as spam. here it is

> I understand your advice to a point. I am still unsure as to how to user my
> own set of ffmpeg parameters. I have a ffmpeg parameter set that I know works
> (tested from a shell script).
>
> ffmpeg -i $1 -pass $3 -passlogfile mypass -ss 00:04:20 -t 00:08:00 -vcodec libtheora -r 25 -s 320x240 -minrate 0 -maxrate 100000 -bufsize 1000000 -acodec libvorbis -ac 2 -aq 6 -ar 44100 -y $2
>
> I now need to get this into a Kdenlive render profile/formal. I stripped the
> above of the $ parameters and so forth, to leave just the basic set like this
> (in MLT format? as advised):
>
> vcodec=libtheora r=25 s=320x240 minrate=0 maxrate=100000 bufsize=1000000 acodec=libvorbis ac=2 aq=6 ar=44100

Everything here looks good except the "r=25 s=320x240." Remove them.
Technically, yes they are understood by MLT, but it is not the
Kdenlive way. Kdenlive's project settings and Render dialog manage
these settings and will add resolution as well as other things that
are necessary to change resolution different from your project
setting.

> I then clicked on render, selected the Theora group and created my own profile.
>
> When I tried to render the clip/project, it appears none of the settings are
> being used.

How do you know? What does kdenlive report on the console when you run
Kdenlive from a terminal window and Render?

> I can't figure out how to create a new 'format' group which I hoped might allow
> me to  specify my own full profle as such.

Maybe I do not understand the question. Do you refer to the Group
field in the custom render profile dialog?