[Kdenlive-devel] speed effect

Slavko Glamočanin slavko at glamocanin.net
Sat Oct 3 12:01:13 UTC 2009

Hello,

im just wondering, why is the speed effect implemented as a video
processing effect, instead of a movie playing clip parameter?

It seems a lot easier to just increase the current frame pointer by a
lower amount when fetching frames instead of doing some kind of magic
when processing input frames? Is that the way its done?

Btw, 90% of the stuff can be done with such simple parameters, for
instance opacity, speed, scale, position and the possibility to
keyframe them. Going back and forth between kdenlive and premiere, i
really miss those parameters.

Any architectural problems? Dan?

Thank you.
Slavko