[Kdenlive-devel] speed effect

Mikko Rapeli mikko.rapeli at iki.fi
Thu Nov 26 20:59:11 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 02:32:50PM +0200, Mikko Rapeli wrote:
> Maybe this would do it:
>
> $ ffmpeg -i orig.mp4 -vcodec copy -acodec copy -r 30 -ar 22050 test.mp4
>
> Or maybe not, since mplayer trust the codec frame rate, though ffmpeg
> and ffplay only complain:

Kdenlive uses the rate in the stream so this doesn't help. Any other
ideas on how to force p60 clips in p30 rate in kdenlive?

Using p60 for the whole project helps and I see nice looking p30 footage
now, but it doubles the size of output even if every second frame is a
dublicate:

http://mcfrisk.kapsi.fi/media/2009/60fps_test01.mp4

Here's what the same clip at speed 50% looks with p30 project settings:

http://mcfrisk.kapsi.fi/media/2009/30fps_test01.mp4

Like night and day to me, sigh.

-Mikko