[Kdenlive-devel] speed effect

Mikko Rapeli mikko.rapeli at iki.fi
Wed Nov 25 22:27:38 UTC 2009

Hello again,

I have a problem with speed effect once again.

My project is 720p30 in kdenlive and my material is 720p60. If I use
speed effect to play at 50% I get 720p15 instead of expected 720p30.
It appears kdenlive first renders input clips to project setting p30 and
then applies speed effect to get p15. Bugger.

Could the speed effect be applied to the original file with original fps
and convert to project p30 after playing faster/slower?

I guess only speed effect allows me to play p60 clips slower at p30.
Editing clip properties seems not to be possible in the GUI.

Sample p60 clip is here:
http://mcfrisk.kapsi.fi/linux/video/gopro_hd_hero/GOPR0007_720p60.MP4

-Mikko