[Kdenlive-devel] Next Kdenlive release (0.7.4)

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Wed May 20 17:26:02 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 9:18 AM, Wayne <shakacat at ukulele.com> wrote:
> I think if we are to find a new icon, then we should
> keep the old icon until the new one is determined. It
> makes no sense to introduce a "temporary" icon only to
> change it immediately thereafter. It's like introducing
> a new icon with each new release.

I have thought the same, but backed away from that because:
a) temporary could be quite a while until something truly
inspirational comes along that garners a fair amount of consensus
because we have been kicking around this idea for a while to no
resolution.

b) the current icon is very stale looking especially in the areas of
color and shape, which is why I suggested a freshening of the existing
icon.

c) it's just an icon and we have no corporate identity agenda

I vote #4, and we should always be open to change (with due
consideration, of course).

Out of curiosity, what value does the Tango project and collaboration
bring? That is a truly open question - I am not being sarcastic.

--
+-DRD-+