[Kdenlive-devel] Next Kdenlive release (0.7.4)

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Wed May 20 10:32:19 UTC 2009

Hi everyone.

As you probably noted, a new MLT version 0.4.0 was released. It does not work
with the latest Kdenlive release, so I think we need to make a new Kdenlive
release soon.

I will try to see if there are some major bugs around, and hope that we can
make the release around the 28th of May.

The new features (already in svn) will be:

* Much improved DVD Wizard, with support for chapters, multiple buttons in
menu and 16:9 support, with buttons for easy previewing and burning the DVD
image.

* New transcoding feature, allows you to convert a clip from one format to
another in a few clicks (profiles can be configures in Kdenlive Settings
dialog), but it still needs some work to improve loading / saving of profiles
and do mass conversions.

Another thing is the new icon status. There were not too many votes, but it
looks like many people think that a film strip is not really appropriate for
today's video applications.

I cannot spend too much time on this icon stuff, so what should we do:

1- do nothing
2- release Kdenlive 0.7.-4 with the usual icon and launch another wider icon
contest
3- release Kdenlive 0.7.-4 with Icon from Alberto Villa
4- release Kdenlive 0.7.-4 with Icon from Alberto Villa and launch another
wider icon contest

regards
jb