[Kdenlive-devel] Editing AVCHD h264/AC3 files in kdenlive

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Mon May 11 10:03:00 UTC 2009

Fredag 08 maj 2009 skrev Dan Dennedy:
> > I have a patch ready to implement sequential rendering (one job after
> > another). Do you think there is any reason to keep parallel rendering or
> > can I get rid of it?
>
> I think since MLT has multi-threading, and we are trying to increase
> the parallelism, that sequential-only makes sense. If this were
> managing a clustered rendering system, it would be a different story

But isn't it the case that only a few encodings work well with the
multithreads in ffmpeg?

> :-). Also, eventually MLT will have a multi-consumer option to allow a
>
> single decode and processing, and that will output in parallel.
> However, that will require other changes in the dialog.

Until this is in place, why not keep parallel rendering in? I can easily
imagine encoding on an 8 core machine, would be a shame not to be able to
utilize it fully in some use cases.

Regards

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

United States Patent 6,368,227:
A method of swing on a swing is disclosed, in which a user positioned on a
standard swing suspended by two chains from a substantially horizontal tree
branch induces side to side motion by pulling alternately on one chain and
then the other.
            -- This is not a joke - go look it up.