[Kdenlive-devel] Problem rendering Canon HV20 25p mts files

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Mon May 4 23:32:35 UTC 2009

On Monday 04 May 2009 19:37:18 Jean-Michel Pouré wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> I realize that Kdenlive cannot render Canon HV20 25p ts files. This is
> very strange as it used to work like a charm.
>
> To reproduce :
> * Download http://www.poure.com/footage/canon/hv20/hdv-1080-25p-005.m2t
> * Create an empty 1080-25p project.
> * Add the file to project tree and on timeline.
> * Export to any format including Mpeg4, divX or H264.
>
> The resulting file shows a first frozen image and no film.
> Any idea? The TS files were captured using dvgrab 3.4

Seems to be an issue with the file. When trying to play with inigo, the video
is frozen on the first frame, but audio plays fine. If I try to seek a little
bit in inigo (using the keyboard commands), the video unblocks and I can see
the file correctly.

Copying the file with ffmpeg:

ffmpeg -i hdv-1080-25p-005.m2t -sameq test.m2t

Creates a file that plays fine with inigo.

I wonder if this might be a dvgrab issue (some kind of corruption). I
experienced similar problems (unplayable files) when trying to grab from my
camera if I started the capture from the very beginning of the tape.
Forwarding the tape 1 or 2 seconds and then starting capture fixed the issue.

Maybe Dan can provide some better infos.

regards
jb