[Kdenlive-devel] Fedora packaging

Zarko Pintar zarko.pintar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 13:15:37 UTC 2009

> BTW, I have committed a change in MLT to add /usr/lib64/frei0r-1 to
> the plugin path.

Now it's works! :)

I completed my public test repository with 32-bit, 64-bit binaries and
sources.
Rpmlint tool doesn't give Errors, but only Warnings.

One of these is:

mlt.i386: W: shared-lib-calls-exit /usr/lib/libmiracle.so.0.3.7
exit at GLIBC_2.0

Explanation for this (from Google):

This *library* package *calls* *exit*() or _exit(), probably in a non-fork()

context. Doing so from a *library* is strongly discouraged - *when* a
*library* function *calls* *exit*(), it prevents the calling program from
handling the error, reporting it to the user, closing files properly,
and cleaning up any state that the program has. It is preferred for the
*library* to return an actual error code and let the calling program
decide how to handle the situation.

Can you see what mean that issue?

Before setting threads for Kdenlive on RPM-Fusion's and Fedora's BugLists I
suggest to you that we encourage users to try this my repos and try install
Kdenlive on Fedora 10.

Instructions for setting up repository :

First of all users must have installed RPM Fusion repository:

su -c 'rpm -Uvh
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-stable.noarch.rpm'

then type:

for GNOME
su -c 'gedit /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-zpintar.repo'

for KDE
su -c 'kwrite /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-zpintar.repo'

When the file is opened insert that text:

[zpintar-fedora]
name=zpintar Fedora Repo
failovermethod=priority
baseurl=http://wiki.open.hr/zpintar/fedora10/$basearch
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

[zpintar-fedora-source]
name=zpintar Fedora Repo - Source
failovermethod=priority
baseurl=http://wiki.open.hr/zpintar/fedora10/SRPMS
enabled=0
gpgcheck=0

Save them and type this:

su -c 'yum update'
su -c 'yum install kdenlive'

That's it. I packaged the latest svn versions from yesterday.