[Kdenlive-devel] Fedora packaging

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Tue Mar 17 16:38:43 UTC 2009

2009/3/17 Zarko Pintar <zarko.pintar at gmail.com>:
> OK, yet few questions:
>
> 1st)
> What with yasm? Is this Kdenlive's or MLT's dependency?

ffmpeg

> 2nd)
> I have some troubles with frei0r-plugins under the 64-bit arch.

Works fantastic for me on Arch Linux x86-64 using latest git rev. Is
something crashing? There are some known problematic frei0r plugins
that kdenlive has blacklisted. Provide details please.

> (OK I do not
> download the latest git, but I'm working on 1.1.22 version. BTW Dan, is it
> last frei0r git from you? Version with balanc0r plugin?)

If you'd like until my tree gets merged.

> RPM installed files to /usr/lib64 dir, but kdenlive can not recognize
> plugins. If I manually copy .so files to /usr/local/lib then everything OK,
> but these files must gone into lib64 dir onto 64bit arch! Is that
> recognizing troubles kdenlive's problem or frei0r's?

We either need to patch the MLT module to use that directory as well,
or MLT apps need to run with an environment variable
MLT_FREI0R_PLUGINS_PATH. Probably the former makes sense, and I will
do that.

--
+-DRD-+