[Kdenlive-devel] Google Summer of Code?

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Fri Mar 6 11:41:31 UTC 2009

Fredag 06 marts 2009 skrev Dan Dennedy:
> On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 2:07 PM, Mads Bondo Dydensborg

> > I definitively would not want to integrate the synfig-studio GUI.
> > However, it
>
> The hard part of supporting animation is a whole package that works
> together - GUI, documented serialization format, and rendering engine.

All of this was written under the assumption that the synfig engine could
somehow be utilized with relatively ease from e.g. MLT.

A gui in kdenlive would be limited to say text and picture elements, with some
basic animation built in. That was my idea anyway, not the full monty.

> OK, but what is "simple blob in?"

Probably pictures loaded from disk

> It might be nice to have a single
> module that can support simple stuff in the kdenlive UI as well as
> fancier stuff designed in the best 2D animation tool we have at the
> moment - synfig.

I think so, but it deserves a discussion.

And, back to the topic, should we try to get accepted as an organization in
SoC?

I don't mind writing a proposal, but I need some people to commit to be
mentors, re the "rules" for GSoC.

Regards

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

You may not use the Software in connection with any site that disparages
Microsoft, MSN, MSNBC, Expedia, or their products or services, infringe any
intellectual property or other rights of these parties, violate any state,
federal or international law, or promote racism, hatred or pornography.
                                     - Part of MS Frontpage 2002 EULA