[Kdenlive-devel] Introduction

Oceanwatcher video at datahverdag.com
Wed Jun 3 01:20:03 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am new on the list and would like to introduce myself.

My background is in broadcast video and film editing and production. I am also
doing training for editors in various settings. I am using a variety of
software and familiar with several editing systems although my main focus is
on the Avid series of editor software.

For many years I have been using a playing with various Linux distros, but a
little while ago, I switched my main work to Kubuntu 9.04. That is, except for
the video editing. I ahve been looking all over the internet for something
that would be useable, and the closest I have come to something useful is
Kdenlive. So I will try to follow the development as close as possible.

Unfortunately, I can not offer any help with programming myself. But if I can
help any other way, let me know. I will ask the programmers I know if they can
help here, but I need to know a little bit more about what is required. Do you
have a page that say something about the programming language etc. that a dev
need to know?

My strong point is my industry knowledge and video technical knowledge. I also
know a lot about workflow, something that is critical in this type of work.

I believe that Kdenlive can be one of the corner stones in a future "Media
package" for Linux. A free press is one of the important foundations for a
living democracy. Many countries that have a young democracy are also poor and
can not afford to buy any of the big editing systems. And I think Kdenlive can
make a HUGE difference here.

An interesting blogpost I stumbled over a few days ago touched on this
subject: http://radar.oreilly.com/2009/05/hackers-wanted-journalism-need.html

Please let me know what I can do to help.
--

Regards,

Oceanwatcher

P.S. My first language is not English, so I am not always making my self
totally clear. And sometimes I am using the wrong way of saying things. It is
all said in the best of meaning and with a smile!