[Kdenlive-devel] Title play direct from MLT

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Sat Jul 18 20:06:30 UTC 2009

On Saturday 18 July 2009 13.11:31 Marco Gittler wrote:
> Hi

Hi!

Nice to see that work when coming back from holiday!

Regarding your MLT changes, I have a few remarks:

1) I had to link against QtXml to make it compile (added it in
src/qimage/configure everywhere there is a  QtGui ).

2) When trying to produce an xml output from a kdenlivetitle producer, I get a
wrong resource, try:

melt title.kdenlivetitle -consumer xml

This is because the "resource" property is not set in the
"producer_kdenlivetitle_init" method (see producer_qimage.c to see how it is
done here). Should be something like adding the following 2 lines around line
111 in producer_kdenlivetitle.c

mlt_properties properties = MLT_PRODUCER_PROPERTIES( this );
mlt_properties_set( properties, "resource", arg );

3) When I try to play a .kdenlivetitle file from melt, I get the following
warning:
WARNING: QApplication was not created in the main() thread.

Not sure if it can be fixed and how dangerous it is...

About the changes to Kdenlive, it's a good start. We will probably need to find
a better way to set the start/end viewport since it is currently not very
great. Also, the x / y position for start / end viewport currently have a max
limit of 1000 which is far from enough, but that's just a detail.

regards
jb