[Kdenlive-devel] [Mlt-devel] Qt based text producer

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Fri Jul 10 19:43:43 UTC 2009

2009/7/10 Marco Gittler <g.marco at freenet.de>:

> Am 10.07.2009 um 20:47 schrieb Dan Dennedy:

>> Before I merge it into MLT, can I please ask you to rename it
>> something more generic like qimage_title or qttitle as it does not use
>> any kdenlive API - just Qt.
>
> This was the first test to check if QGraphicsScene oder QPainter can draw
> Text in Images.
> The final version should read the .kdenlivetitle file from kdenlive.
> But if it is better i can rename this.

OK, in that case, kdenlivetitle is a fine name.

> This code can als be also released under LGPL (im looking for a right header
> later)
> I can also create a extra module for this stuff, to not put code in other
> modules.

It is better to put it in an existing module to keep the overhead of
module registration lower.

> But since here mostly Qt is handled , this was nearby, since Qt test and
> Makefile
> creation is done here.

Yes, that makes complete sense. Just keep it where it is; it is fine.
We will just correct the license as needed - to GPL if qimage is not
changed, or keep as LGPL if qimage is changed to LGPL.

--
+-DRD-+